The Human Experience Header

The Human Experience Header

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Chapter 1 : Wonder > Narratives > Musings - Rethinking Relationships with Money.


"What was your personal experience
growing up with the idea of money?"

I want to explore and find out more if it has influenced how individuals perceive the idea or concept of money while growing up. 

From my personal past experience, most family and friends were introduced to money as a reward. A form of performance based remuneration. Something that I find Dan Pink would disagree (maybe) in the idea of motivation. 


Mine was entirely different. 

My parents collectively agreed grooming us up with the dogma that the only true form of academic reward we'd get is education itself. As how my grandfather passed down the words of wisdom to my mom in Malay, "Yang pandai tu nanti engkau, kalau kau belajar pandai la engkau"

Well, though quite crass the manner of the language, we all agreed that hard work guarantees success. At least, on a personal basis. 
*though at times we do get 'duit raya' (festive pocket money) just to have a taste of what money gets you. 

So, in retrospect, working hard and money has no actual relationship. 

Is that true? 

To respond, follow me via social media links below; 

Instagram / Twitter : @razifohnas 

#themoney #thehumanexperience #wonder



No comments:

Post a Comment